Reality is a perception. Perceptions are not always based on facts, and are strongly influenced by illusions. Inquisitiveness is hence indispensable

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Religion for me 2

Now when I read about, people fighting eachother for their beliefs, I was surprised. Infact I was depressed. I feared some of my friends and neighbours would be hurt. So I started paying more attention to the differences. The differences were those I never cared for. They were the most superficial ones. I don't know why and how they became so important, so as usual started asking others. The answer, it was told so in the books.

As a student of logic, I found religion unexplicable. The most difficult thing to comprehend was the irrepressible quest to force ones own ideals on others. Then I found that the books actually force certains aspects on individuals. For me, Religion was no longer a way of life, it was a totalitarian structure with helped individuals intrepret things in many ways. It became a abhorence, more like a power structure or political structure. My knowledge of history didn't help here.

My angst was targeted towards the religious symbols. I started to interpret things in a different fashion. Religion was set out as a means of bringing social order to a society. When these isolated societies started to come in contact, they had to fend themselves and religion became a voice and power. God had nothing to do with it. God, wouldn't even care if people worshipped him or not. Religion says that God is the most powerful one and he saves the people. They don't give out compelling reasons why God would do so, what binds God to carry out the obligation and the consequences of not doing so. God wouldn't be hurt by things I do or don't do. Individuals are incapable of causing any harm, are do they? All they are capable of doing is hurt others.

Does God exists? I don't know, frankly I don't even care. I even wonder, what would the believers of respective religions do, if God himself tells them that they need to change their beliefs, they may call it a bluff/fraud and attack. So what do I want to do, I find some aspects of life appealing, like enjoying a nice laugh/conversation. Showing appreciation towards others and caring for others in my own capacity. I wouldnt' want this silly religion thing to interfere in any of these.

No comments:

Popular Posts

Labels

About Me

Well for a start, I dont' want to!. Yes I am reclusive, no I am not secretive; Candid? Yes; Aspergers? No :). My friends call me an enthusiast, my boss calls me purist, I call myself an explorer, to summarise; just an inquisitive child who didnt'learn to take things for granted. For the sake of living, I work as a S/W engineer. If you dont' know what it means, turn back right now.