Reality is a perception. Perceptions are not always based on facts, and are strongly influenced by illusions. Inquisitiveness is hence indispensable

Friday, September 12, 2008

Lost world

Typical applications of ANTLR would be in parsing domain. My first interaction with ANTLR was for a data generation application. We had this system which consume huge xml streams. The schema types were defined via xsi and testing the code for all conditions was inhumane! Even coming up with data for functional flows was painful. So the solution was to comeup with a template of the xml (using schema) and another template for possible datatypes. Parse the template, create a inmemory tree and walk the tree several times (using custom java code). We picked up a random domain value for substitution for each walk and ended up having a comprehensive data sets. There were certain correlation problems though and it was a different story.

I am writing this as I became a bit nostalgic seeing http://blog.centuryminds.com/2008/09/antlr-tutorial-dependency-injection-language/. Err when was the last time I learned something new!?

1 comment:

anon_anon said...

You might also want to look at vtd-xml, the next generation XML processing model that is far more powerful than DOM and SAX

http://vtd-xml.sf.net

Popular Posts

Labels

About Me

Well for a start, I dont' want to!. Yes I am reclusive, no I am not secretive; Candid? Yes; Aspergers? No :). My friends call me an enthusiast, my boss calls me purist, I call myself an explorer, to summarise; just an inquisitive child who didnt'learn to take things for granted. For the sake of living, I work as a S/W engineer. If you dont' know what it means, turn back right now.