Reality is a perception. Perceptions are not always based on facts, and are strongly influenced by illusions. Inquisitiveness is hence indispensable

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Creative thinkers and Day dreamers

Creative thinking or out of box thinking is normally encouraged in technical and artisitc streams, but discouraged in managerial discipline. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Principle has a good explanation of this. Creative thinking helps individuals and organisations. People raise the bar even when the results end in a catastrophy. The gains at times may be paltry but the learning is invalueable. Coupled with some pedagogic skills such a learning becomes an asset in times to come. Unfortunately, creative thinking cannot be imbibed. It is inherently psychlogical. The inquisitive nature seen in children when groomed well forms the foundation for this.

So the next time a child asks why he doesnt' have a moustache or where babies come from. Try to be creative enough to answer. Afterall child is the father of man.

Try googling for Gordian Knot, Egg of Columbus for more insights. The structure of Benzene as proposed by kekulle is another outstanding example.

No comments:

Popular Posts

Labels

About Me

Well for a start, I dont' want to!. Yes I am reclusive, no I am not secretive; Candid? Yes; Aspergers? No :). My friends call me an enthusiast, my boss calls me purist, I call myself an explorer, to summarise; just an inquisitive child who didnt'learn to take things for granted. For the sake of living, I work as a S/W engineer. If you dont' know what it means, turn back right now.