Reality is a perception. Perceptions are not always based on facts, and are strongly influenced by illusions. Inquisitiveness is hence indispensable

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Xbox 360

I bought a xbox 360, never thought that it should be blogged :) I am doing it anyway. The seventh generation of consoles are absolute number crunchers. If any one has worked on a graphics program like adobe photoshop or gimp, they would understand it. Most computers of yester years were good at things like browsing, drafting documents and playing media files. The graphic programers always went for a extra special offering called apple. Any good rendering involves operations that are cpu hungry and memory hungry. Now a days the chasm is being bridged but the divide still exists.

Coming back, the xbox sits like a cute little puppy in the drawing room just beneath the TV. It at time looks melancholic as well. All this changes in a spur of a moment, just switch on the power and insert your favourite game (mine being Gears of war). There is no thunder or lightning, apart from the noise made by the cooling unit. The graphics and visual effects at times dazzle me. I often wonder whose idea was the rocking controller. I have a strong feeling that the 3.2 Ghz 6 core machine will stay with me for a long time.

No comments:

Popular Posts

Labels

About Me

Well for a start, I dont' want to!. Yes I am reclusive, no I am not secretive; Candid? Yes; Aspergers? No :). My friends call me an enthusiast, my boss calls me purist, I call myself an explorer, to summarise; just an inquisitive child who didnt'learn to take things for granted. For the sake of living, I work as a S/W engineer. If you dont' know what it means, turn back right now.