Reality is a perception. Perceptions are not always based on facts, and are strongly influenced by illusions. Inquisitiveness is hence indispensable

Monday, March 12, 2007

Festival of colors

First things first, I am blogging this albeit late. Holi, in INDIA is also called as festival of colors. It falls in the early spring season. The colors are vibrant, so is the mood. Boys and girls have a go at each other with colors. It commemorates the ancient epic of Holica, sister of Hiranyakasipa who had a boon of being untouched by fire, being killed by Lord Vishnu when she intends to hurt his disciple Prahlad.

Children make merry throwing water balloons and spraying colors at every one. This festival is also memorialized in Raasa Leela, where Lord Krishna celebrates Holi. This year we had a gr8 time. First I was dragged into muddy pool then had colors hurled at me. Then had a chance to repeat the same unto others and finally in the afternoon went to a rain dance and danced for a long time. The colors was completely washed away by the end of the evening and I wasn’t’ sorry for that.

This is one day that stays long in memory

No comments:

Popular Posts

Labels

About Me

Well for a start, I dont' want to!. Yes I am reclusive, no I am not secretive; Candid? Yes; Aspergers? No :). My friends call me an enthusiast, my boss calls me purist, I call myself an explorer, to summarise; just an inquisitive child who didnt'learn to take things for granted. For the sake of living, I work as a S/W engineer. If you dont' know what it means, turn back right now.