Reality is a perception. Perceptions are not always based on facts, and are strongly influenced by illusions. Inquisitiveness is hence indispensable

Friday, December 26, 2008

The Other side, the Ugly side - Slumdog millionaire

As statistical evidence suggests, most Indian movies are cheap imitations. Some (moi) feel that they drain the energy and test the patience limits. Bollywood's definition of sensuality is not something 'original'. The industry where dreams are sold has a strange appeal, which I rarely understood. Watching Indian movies is like watching a magician's show, the caveat, you already know the tricks.

But once in a while, when you expect the least, the rabbit is out , a real one which you would watch with child like amusement. Now that is a rarity. What is so intriguing! you tell me.

The "Slumdog millionaire" is one of those rare gems, not a bollywood movie though, it is based on the popular book 'Q and A' by Vikas Swarup. If you haven't read the book, don't miss this one. An uncouth movie with an arcane and predictable ending, but captivating it is. A bunch of lies, but beautiful ones they all are. A story teller's story which I have missed since a long time is what helped me stick. Go find out what is in for you. As the credits started rolling, I was in for another shock, so will you be when you see the name AR Rahman.

==spoiler==
A street rag, goes out to be a winner. Not much help is it, but remember that I am not going to be the one shouting kajol's name on the way out of the movie, Gupt. Wiki would definitely help, but why bother! See what I found on wiki after watching the movie,

"Rotten Tomatoes reported that 93% of critics gave the film positive write-ups, based upon a sample of 135, with an average score of 8.1/10.[20] At Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 to reviews from mainstream critics, the film has received an average score of 86, based on 35 reviews."

No comments:

Popular Posts

Labels

About Me

Well for a start, I dont' want to!. Yes I am reclusive, no I am not secretive; Candid? Yes; Aspergers? No :). My friends call me an enthusiast, my boss calls me purist, I call myself an explorer, to summarise; just an inquisitive child who didnt'learn to take things for granted. For the sake of living, I work as a S/W engineer. If you dont' know what it means, turn back right now.